4.16.2013

Review: tweets:) - ROFL

On the weekend, as I was browsing around Walmart, I noticed they finally placed up the tweets:) nail polishes.  tweets:) nail polish is from the company Tweets Cosmetics, who developed a nail polish that is water-based and supports healthy nail growth.


Tweets Cosmetics decided to name their polishes with short text names, which I think is funny.  You could see the other names on their site: here.


I decided to pick up ROFL (Rolling on the Floor Laughing), since I felt like I needed more orange polishes in my stash.  Not to mention I was drawn into the shimmers that glistened within the bottle.
I was intrigued that it was water-based especially since I have never tried one before.  I just had to!

  • Vitamin enriched with:
    • A
    • B3
    • B9
    • C
    • D
  • It is non-toxic
  • Totally odor free
  • No:
    • Phthalates
    • Parabens
    • Formaldehyde
    • Glutens
    • Toluene
    • DBP
  • Is not animal tested!

ROFL is an orange shimmer polish with yellow-orange specs in it.


I was actually surprised with how smoothly it glided upon my nail and not to mention the dry time.  I used three coats of it since I still saw some patches with only two coats.  But it didn't bother me at all since within just a few minutes I could press down on it with no dents or anything.  I was super impressed by it, that the formula factor has actually won me over.  The whole water-base thing is just a bonus haha.


If you want the easy removal of the product I would suggest to use their top and base coat.  If you use say Seche Vite and such, the removal will be like removing the usual nail polish.  I didn't buy their top or base coat since I wanted to try the product out first, I still might not since I prefer my nails to last, so in the swatches I had only used the ROFL polish.

I dipped my hands into warm water for 5 minutes like suggested, and it doesn't come off by rubbing it.  If you decide to do so that way you'll need an orange stick and the polish will begin to flake away.  If you're impatient like me, a soaked cotton ball of nail polish remover will help.  I noticed that when I did soak my hands in the warm water it was a cinch to remove the nail polish off my nails.  My left hand which I did not soak in the warm water, actually took more time to remove it.

If you have those issues with nail polish odor, this might be something you would like to look into.  I found that it really did not have any odor to it.  Or it did, but it didn't smell awful or like polish to me.  It actually smelled fine to me, and my family did not realize I was putting on nail polish in the living.  YAY!

I think I need to pick up more of their shades.  I just  love the formula on it, and the bottle...Okay the bottle honestly reminds me of those peeling nail polish I use to have of Barbie and Tinker Bell haha.  And I like that they have ROFL, WRU, etc short text for the names of their polishes.  Its funny and yet different.

You could currently find tweets:) at your local Walmart (hopefully if they have it in stock) for $2.97 a piece.  They have 29 other shades which you could see on their site.

Have you tried tweets:) yet?  What do you think about water-based nail polish?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway for BornPrettyStore.  CLICK HERE.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and have a wonderful day!