12.03.2012

Uh-oh total FiS moment with Lipsticks!


Recently I have been on a "must grab more lipstick" phase.  I knew I had to complete my Wet n Wild Megalast lip colors, since they are one of the best cheapo matte lipsticks I love.  Then there was that sale Make Up Academy MUA Cosmetics was having, and I wasn't really feeling eyeshadows at the moment so I splurged on their lipsticks.

If you know me, you know that I hate spending a lot on just one product.  If I do it's because I really want it!    I am more of the girl who will see it as "Oh it's $25 for one...UGH I could buy several items with that price! K next!"


FiS basically means "F*** it!  Splurge!" without thinking without caring.  Just grab it!  I usually do it when I am annoyed and can't find what exactly I want.  


However...this was not the case here!  I blame this FiS from looking up lipstick swatches.  As for the MUA Cosmetics, I always wanted to buy some but never got around to it.


I ended up grabbing two of Wet n Wild's Silk Finish lipsticks.  I use to use them before, and I remembered I didn't like them that much.  haha yes, those were my not so much into lipstick days.  After looking at swatches, my head instantly went "JUST GRAB IT!  Who cares?!"  Cannot overlook WnW's Megalast lip colors!  Grabbed six of them, one was a replacement though.

Here are some quick swatches:


Left to Right:
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color Bare It All (needed a new one)
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color Red Velvet
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color Pinkerbell
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color Don't Blink Pink
  • Wet n Wild Megalast Lip Color Dollhouse Pink
  • Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick 520E Hot Paris Pink
  • Wet n Wild Silk Finish Lipstick 511B Nouveau Pink

After all the talk about MUA Cosmetics, I decided I should splurge on some.  They had their 35% off + Free Shipping sale, and I jumped to it.  You all know how shipping is a pain in the arse!  I just wanted lipsticks at the time and nothing else.  See those little colored sections?  Those are actually matching lip gloss.  You'll need a lip brush to get any product from that.  Sadly there are no names just numbers.  It's all good!

Here are some quick swatches of it:


Left to Right:
  • Shade #1
  • Shade #3
  • Shade #6
  • Shade #7
  • Shade #8
  • Shade #10
  • Shade #11
  • Shade #12
  • Shade #13
  • Shade #14
  • Shade #15
So there is my lipstick haul from the weekend!  If you would like a closer review on something, leave a comment to let me know.  

Edit:  After discussing with one of the MUA Cosmetic Customer Service (Jackie) I discovered that the small container that you twist off is actually a small sample of the lipstick itself, and people use it as a balm sometimes over their lips.  This is INDEED safe to use.

What is your favorite cheap lipstick brand?  What is your favorite high/medium end lipstick brand?  What shades do you love getting?  Is there a color you can't work with?  Did you have an FiS moment too?

Thanks for stopping by my blog!  Hope you have a wonderful day!