11.30.2012

Review: Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick Scarlet

Today I have an item to share with you that I received from one of my best friends, Les.  It's a matte lipstick from the company Ever Bilena, which is a popular cosmetic brand in the Philippines.  This was one of her "I challenge you Ems" product since she knew I was sort of scared to wear bright red or anything red, sort of lipsticks.  The lipstick shades name is Scarlet.



Scarlet is a matte bright red lipstick that has yellow undertones.


On the underside of the lipstick there is actually a little lip gloss/balm tucked into the square piece.


Some people stated that it was a sample of the product, but it is actually a balm more like texture.  I assume it is due to the fact that like some matte lipsticks, it does have those dry issues.  So it is best to moisturize your lips before applying it.  I don't use the balm that comes with it actually, since there are several in my stash already open.


It glides on smoothly and last for about 3 to 5 hours depending on how much you are eating and drinking.  It doesn't come off right away when eating or drinking though. I actually love how bright this is and very pigmented.  It cost about 145PHP which is about $3.50.  The packaging looks so elegant that I expected it to cost more just by looking at it.  

After trying this on, I ended up loving red lipsticks much more.

Is there a lipstick shade that scares you?  Do you feel uncomfortable wearing a certain color of lipstick?

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful weekend <3