2.06.2013

Review: Blinc Mascara in Black


A while ago I received this deluxe sample size of Blinc Mascara in black from my local Sephora as a gift.  I have never heard of them before, so I was quickly drawn in.

You could check out the product at www.BlincInc.com for the other products that they carry.
The mascara came within a metal tin tube container.  I thought that it gave it a more pricey sort of feel to it.

STOP painting your lashes...TUBE them!
This mascara creates these small waterproof "tubes" around your lashes, which is meant to not run, smudge or clump up.  It's designed to add length and volume.
To add more length to your lashes, you simply focus on the tips of your lashes with a few strokes from the wand.  To add more volume, you apply two or three coats while the mascara is moist.  Once the mascara dries you will not be able too apply more since it will just end up not looking that nice.

The bristle on the wand catch every lash and it didn't clump my lashes together what so ever.
It even came with instructions of how to apply and remove, along with several tips.  Which honestly I think is helpful since some people are just...well you know.

They state you would have a more difficult time trying to remove the mascara with makeup remover products than you would with just simply warm water and gently rubbing your lashes.  As I was washing off my makeup I noticed little fibers coming off that indeed look like tubes!  At first I thought it was my lashes, but it's not.  They were little casings that covered my lashes.

For my look I wanted to use this mascara as I would for a quick brush on look.  Just to enhance my lashes a bit.
Without the mascara

With Mascara
The above image was after one coat on both top and bottom line.  As I wore the look throughout the day it didn't smudge off at all.  There was no little black marks on the bottom line from the Blinc mascara.  It added a little bit of volume and length with just one coat.  So imagine it with two or three.



The colors I picked for this look were influenced by this gorgeous card from one of my best friend's Emily (Very Emily), and her mom Nadine (Passion For Yarns).  Nadine actually designs these cards and you could see more upon her blog along with other inspirational items.

How gorgeous does that card look?  I have it at my makeup area and I could stare at it for hours.  It just pulls you in and you cannot but help and wonder how amazingly creative Emily and her mom are.  So thank you both for the goodies and the amazingly colorful card.  Just simply eye catching!

Face:

  • Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder
Cheeks:
  • BH Cosmetics 10 Color Blush Palette
Lips:
  • NYX Cosmetics Round Lipstick B52
Eyes:
  • Sleek iDivine Acid Palette (Orange only)
  • Sleek Ultra Matte V1 (Pucker and Pout)
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow Tako
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow Poison Plum
  • Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow Bulletproof
  • Blinc Mascara in Black
  • Yanqina Waterproof Big Eye Eyeliner
  • Wet n Wild Fergie eyeshadow primer
  • NYX Cosmetics Eyeshadow Base in White
The Blinc Mascara is wonderful and it cost about $24 sum for the regular size, which could be a tad pricey for some of those not willing to spend so much on cosmetics.  As for me, if the product works well, which for me I found it nice since it didn't cause any smuging issues for me, I am willing to buy it when this one expires.

Have you tried this mascara before?  What do you think about Nadine's handmade card?  

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful day!