3.28.2013

Review: BA Star Natural Shadow Palette


Today I have a product from BA Star featuring their Natural Shadow Palette to show you.  I received this product from BrandBacker, which is a site that allows you to work with other companies to review products.  

BA Star is a company that focuses on cheerleaders, competitors, dancers, and such.  BA Star supplies a wide range of items from glitter stickers to eyeshadow to blush to headbands to duffles.  So perfect for those who are into cheerleading, dancing, and such.


It comes in a plastic wrapper package, and after opening the package to remove the shadow, I realized it was wrapped once more.  I was actually glad that it was nicely sealed.

The BA Star eyeshadow palettes come with:


  • 3 mineral shadows: Bronze, Cocoa, and Nude
  • 2 glitter gel: Gold, and Crystal
  • Double applicator
The diversity of this palette is to either use the shadows by itself or use the glitters with it.  On the back of the  palette they have a look suggestion for a smoky eye look:


But of course you could create your own wonderful look.  I avoided the applicator it came with since I never use the brushes, sponge applicators, etc that comes with a palette, or product.  Since they aren't always that great, which is the case here.  I found the sponge to be fine, but the brush part reminded me of the paint brushes you would get in a watercolor palette.  It had strands sticking out.  So it simply became an applicator to clean up any mess that may come from the palette.


The eyeshadows were buttery velvet and soft like texture with a metallic finish.  I found it to have very minimal fall out.  Bronze is a pretty warm bronze shade that you could build up on it to how dark you want it to be upon your eyes.  Cocoa is a chocolate brown that adds that hint of smoky look for you.  Nude is a wonderful highlighter with its off white leaning towards a very light pastel yellow.  They are easy blendable.

  
The glitters are ever so wonderful!  You could build up on this product by having loads of glitter or very little, all depending upon your choice.


The above swatches were done over NYX Eyeshadow Base White.


For the above look I did as the back of the package stated.  I added a little bit of the gold glitter gel over my YANQINA Pink Dot eyeliner.


On this one I only used the bronze on my lid and cocoa in the crease.  I took the nude shadow for highlight.  On the inner corner I placed a little bit of the crystal glitter gel.  The eyeliner I used on this is LANDBIS Smoky Liner.

Both of the bottom lines have Landbis Smoky Liner.  The mascara is Maybelline Plush.

Several looks could be done with this palette.  BA Star offers three other eyeshadow palettes as well:
http://www.bastar.com/category_s/1887.htm

Each palette cost $8.75 each, and BA Star was kind enough to give my lovely readers a 50% off their purchase for their shadow palettes.  All you have to do is enter the code BBSMOKY upon your purchase.

Have you tried BA Star's products before?  What do you think about this eyeshadow palette? 

Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!


**This product was received as a sample from the company BA Star with the help of BrandBacker.