5.16.2013

Review: Star Crushed Minerals Eyeshadow in Orbit, Teal, Orchid, Electric Blue, & Starry Night

I have some wonderful loose eyeshadows from my girl Edith's all natural mineral shop, Star Crushed Minerals, to share with you.  I noticed she was having a sale for the ENTIRE month of May at 50% off everything in the shop.  She then contacted me giving me an extra discount over it.  Seriously Edith is one of the most kindest owners I know out there!  So I ended up picking five eyeshadow samples that caught my eye the most.


The little yellow tabs you see are part of the sealers for the sifters.  All of her jars come with a sifter, even the samples.  Which I absolutely love since it is way better than getting some small plastic bag of it.  The samples hold 1g of products.  While the full size carries 2.5g.  


From top left to right:  
From bottom left to right:
I love when loose eyeshadows have sifters!  Less mess!  For the samples I feel that 1g is way more than enough to do a few looks with it since you really do not need much to get a nice opaque look with them.

All of Edith's products are 100% natural and handmade mineral cosmetics.  She created Star Crushed Minerals based off of her own experience with brand name cosmetics.  You could read all about it on her profile page.  

As soon as I received these I began swatching them as I was amazed with how pretty they looked in person.   On the bottom of each jar states the name of the eyeshadow and what ingredients are in them.

All of the eyeshadow swatches are done over Star Crushed Mineral's eyeshadow primer that Edith was so kind enough to place within my order.  I will talk more about it later on in this post.  

The left side is dry while the right side is wet.  Her products look awh-mazing both dry and wet!  So pigmented!  


Starry Night is a gorgeous silvery metallic finish eyeshadow with some blue translucent pieces within it. 



Teal is a lovely teal that leans towards blue a bit.  It has gold undertone and soft metallic finish. 


Orbit is deep matte purple that could actually come off black.  This shade is so versatile for looks.  You could even use it as an eyeliner!


Orchid is a matte purple that is semi-patchy but still easy to work with.  I love how bright it is in good lighting and seems darker at other times.


Electric Blue is one super pigmented bright blue with a matte finish. This blue ERMAHGAWD is just too awh-mazing for words!  

These eyeshadows blended very easily for me, and I didn't need a lot to achieve a look.  Despite it being loose eyeshadow, I had very minimal fallout after tapping any excess on to the jar.  When I sift some out I actually turn the jar over, WITH the lid on of course, and tap gently.  I then flip it over and untwist the cap to use.  

All of the looks I am posting were done over Star Crushed Minerals eyeshadow primer.

So here are some of the looks I have created with these:


On the inner corner of my top lid I used Starry night then about 1/4 in I took Teal to fill in the rest of the lid.  Blending where Teal and Starry Night met.  I then took a brown eyeshadow (CUICU Coffee) and swirled with a crease brush at my outer corner and blending it into the crease.  I used a white eyeshadow (CUICU Snow White) as a blendy.  On my bottom lid I used a gold out of MUA Cosmetic's Glamour Nights palette. The liner I used was a Sephora Collection Kohl Smoky liner and their Long-Lasting eyeliner.  Mascara is Maybelline Plushy.


For this look I took the Electric Blue eyeshadow and put it all over my top lid.  Then in the outer corner and on the crease I blended Orbit.  On the bottom line it has Orbit as well and on the inner corner near the tear drop I dabbed a little bit of Starry Night.  As a blendy I used my Maybelline Dream Matte Pressed Powder.   For my eyeliner I used YANQINA 2-way smoky liner.  Mascara is also Maybelline Plushy.


For this look I took Orchid and blended it only on the inner and outer leaving the middle alone.  Next I  dabbed on Teal into the void and blended where it met Orchid.  I lined my bottom line with Orchid.  I took Orbit for the outer corner and did a semi-hard crease with it.  I used CUICU Snow White for a blendy.  The eyeliner is Yanqina Teddy Bear Liner for the top, and the bottom line has Lord & Berry Kohl liner.  Mascara is Benefit's They're Real.


Here is the full face look I did with it:



Star Crushed Mineral's Eyeshadow Primer:  It may look like an eyeshadow base, which I thought it was as well, but it is indeed a primer.  I use a little paint spatula I have for my cosmetic products and scooped very little out.  You don't need a lot from it to cover your eye work area.  As you apply it, it looks more like UDPP Original type of creamy mixture.  

I decided to show you how her primers compare to Urban Decay Primer Potion and a drugstore brand of Wet N Wild Fergie's eyeshadow primer:

It is up there honestly!  It holds so well and totally pops those eyeshadows out so much more.  I had no creasing issues and it held on to the loose mineral eyeshadows nicely.  Like I said earlier her primer will be included in some of the orders for now.

Right now Edith is having a sale throughout this May.  Everything in the Star Crushed Mineral's shop is 50% off!  And to top that off she is giving my lovely readers an additional 15% off!  Just use the code "15OFF15" which is only valid for this month only! 

She also has something über special going on right now too!  For the 100th purchase that person will win a necklace from Booty Heart Jewelry (Etsy shop) of their choice plus some other goodies from Star Crushed Minerals as well.

You could keep in touch with Star Crushed Minerals with:
She recently released her blush and foundation line!  I will have a review coming up soon on some of her blushes.  So please make sure to check out all the wonderful products that Star Crushed Minerals has to offer!  The discounts right now for her Grand Opening is amazing on the wallet!

What do you think of these eyeshadows?  Have you checked out Star Crushed Minerals yet?

Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!