9.07.2012

BzzAgent: UNREAL candy - Om nom nom nom

I know this is a totally different post from my usual, but I wanted to tell you about this site called BzzAgent!  I only recently found out about it, and I got my first campaign (just like a perk on Klout etc).  You take surveys, and from there they decide if you qualify for a product or not.  I think it's only coupons that you get but they are BOGOF sort of coupons, which honestly are still good. 
My first campaign that I had earned was for UNREAL candy!  I have seen them around but I never picked them up at all.  I think it's more of the price on some of the candy bars now of days.  Before they were cheap, and now you spot some of them going for a dollar.  Damn things are just getting pricey!  So when I received the coupons for this I was actually glad.  I also had a 15% Friends and Family coupon for Walgreens at the time.  I bought only two to try it out and basically just paid $0.70 for it!  Sweet!  After that I was addicted to these little things.  I kept two other coupons and passed the other one's to my mom and a friend of mine.

UNREAL candy was devised buy a 14 year old boy who was on a mission to prove to his dad that candy could be unjunked.  Nicky (the boy) had discovered after doing some research that the worst parts of candy (for example: corn syrup, artificial colors, preservatives, etc.) weren't there to make the candy taste better but to make the produce more cheaper.  And from there UNREAL was born after research and the help of his older brother, and his dad.
The first one I tried was the UNREAL 77 which basically are peanut butter cups (a Reese's sort of version).
The back of the peanut butter cup
Sadly UNREAL 77 is not for me.  I found them way thinner than a Reese's but my issue wasn't that.  It tasted too much of a dark chocolate taste for me, which I am not fond of.
The second and third ones that I tried I enjoyed much more!  They did have a slight dark chocolate taste but they were not overwhelming at all.

UNREAL 8 supposedly like Snickers


UNREAL 8 has a chocolate covered caramel peanut nougat.  It is compared to a Snickers, and I actually enjoy this much more than a Snickers!  I didn't find it too sweet at all.  I broke half of the bar I had off, and handed it to my hubs to see what he thought about it.  He couldn't tell that it wasn't snickers at all.

UNREAL 5 is compared to a Milky Way.  I honestly have not had a Milky Way for so long since I found them too sweet for my liking.  This was actually perfect for me.  Before I could take any further pictures of the product, my son had taken it and started munching on it, while I went to get my phone.  Silly child!
He actually liked it as well.  He tried the UNREAL77 and wasn't fond of it as well.  He said it tasted too nutty and a bit bitter for him.

It surprises me that the chocolates does not list that it is dark chocolate when it has that look and taste of it.  Or maybe its because its been unjunked so it is the natural taste of chocolate?

Have you tried these yet?  What is your favorite candy to grab?  Are you into dark chocolate?