9.30.2012

Review: Magnifibres Brush-on False Lashes

After seeing Ashley's review on Magnifibres, I knew I just had to try it since when you're on the go false lashes might be a step you skip.  Not to mention this also adds volume and length to your natural lashes.  Magnifibres was recently launched in July of this year, and is popular in the UK.  Sadly this is not available in the US but you are free to order from their website or QVC.  I was excited to try a product that has not been released in the states yet.

I got in contact with them and they were kind enough to send me a sample of their product.  I was so excited to try this, and not to mention curious on how it really works.

It came in a cute cylinder that had explanations and descriptions of the product.  "Instantly lengthen lashes by up to 5mm," had caught my eye.  I sat there wondering if the product is the width of this cylinder tube, we might have a problem.  But of course it's not!  That would be silly, right?


On the cylinder it had clear directions of how to use Magnifibres along with example of how your lashes would look.  A three step guide basically.

For those who do not like reading a lot they placed quick simplified directions for you.  Along with pictures of how your lashes might look.  
They also list it on the tube as well the directions.  They get straight to the point, and it's a good thing to know what you are doing before you use this product.  It's very simple to use, but it would surprise you how some people just cannot follow directions!


Inside the cylinder low and behold, that wonderful brush-on false lashes tube!  


The tube is basically just like a mascara tube.  Nice and sleek packaging.  I love the eyelashes design on the tube.


Magnifibres are just natural fibers thhat are treated with a coating to make sure that the fibers stay bind to your natural eye lashes with the help of a mascara.  Any mascara could be used with Magnifibres.

I was actually a tad afraid to use this at first since the fibers were really new to me.  But after I read the directions one more time to make sure I was using it correctly, I got excited for it once more.

In order to use Magnifibres you take your mascara of choice and apply one layer of the mascara on your lashes. Using the same method that you do for applying mascara apply the Magnifibres but look downwards.  The fibers will begin to bind with the one coat of mascara.  Wait for thirty seconds before applying another layer of mascara, covering all the fibers.  You could repeat the steps to increase the volume and length more. 

You could put these on your bottom lashes as well, but for this review I decided to just do the top set.  The mascara of my choice was Maybelline Falsies.

Natural Lashes
1)  Applied one coat of mascara
2)  Applied one coat of Magnifibres
3)  Applied second coat of mascara
4) Applied second coat of Magnifibres
5)  Applied third coat of mascara
So this did indeed add some length but more of volume for me.  It gave me that extra humph my lashes need when I don't have time to put on false lashes.  Just ready and go.  It is very easy to put on, and you could build it up as much as you want but I would stop around your fourth applied mascara coat, because they might start to irritate your eyes.  Be careful when applying the Magnifibres since it could make your eyes irritated as well if the product flies into them.

Overall I was actually happy with this product!  Even removing them were super easy!  Just like how you would normally remove your eye makeup is the same way you would with the Magnifibres.  Super easy to use and very convenient for us busy people! 

Have you used fiber/powder type products before to add volume and length to your eyelashes?  What is your favorite mascara to choose?

Hope you guys enjoyed this post, and thank you for stopping into my blog!