9.23.2012

Oh Mail Oh My! Goodies from the motherland

I received a package from my best friend, Leslie, who lives in the Philippines.  I was super excited with this package since I would finally have some brands from the motherland in my collection.  She's even a wonderful adopted aunt to my kid, and got him something.  Which by the way, haha he never leaves home without his Angry Birds headphones.


Seriously maraming salamat (so much thanks basically) for always being there for me through thick and thin.  And opening up my eyes to new products.  Love you always!


I'll show you guys what I received for now, and over time I will do reviews of the items when I get around to it.

As I removed everything from the box, I looked at all of the items and asked myself "OMG where do I freakin' start?"  I was overwhelmed by the goodies, and was excited to play with my new toys.  She basically covered every necessity that I may need on a night out on the town.



  • Sassy Colors Nail Art Brush Blue
  • Caronia Nail Polish On the Go
I quickly picked up the Caronia On the Go and put it on.  At first I thought it was going to be like OPI Don't Mess with OPI or their Jade is the New Black but I was completely wrong.  This was just a wonderful dusty teal leaning towards the green side of things.  I will go into more detail about it in a later post.  But I have to say I am in love with this nail polish!  Does any of my fellow Filipinos know of any shop that sells this out in the states?  
I messed with the nail art brush a little bit but did not really focus on it.  I will go into it more in a later post as well.



She gave me four eyeliner pencils and included a brow pencil as well.
From top to bottom:
  • Fashion 2 eyeliner - Black
  • Ever Bilena eyebrow - Brown
  • Ever Bilena eyeliner - Brown
  • Ever Bilena eyeliner - Black
  • Nichido eyeliner - Tiger Eye
I seriously love the Ever Bilena eyeliner in black!  I've been using that one lately.  Super pigmented and glides on smoothly.

These three are more cream for me than a fluffy mousse but still good none the less.
Top left to right to bottom:
  • Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadow - Opal
  • Ever Bilena Mousse Eyeshadow - Amethyst 
  • Ever Bilena Mouse Blush On - Aster
Aster is a nicely pigmented doll pink blush.  Opal is a pearlescent silverish-white eyeshadow.  Amethyst is a lavender shade.



A shimmer eyeshadow quad from Ever Bilena in Amazing Pink.  It contains five shades and a dual end sponge applicator.



  • Careline Single Blush On - Fresh Tomato

I love the packaging on these.  Just simple and sleek.  Despite it being white and I know it might get dirty, it still looks nice.  And not to mention that shade!  Just a perfect bright tomato skin sort of color.




  • Ever Bilena Advance BB Cream Anti-Wrinkle Natural

It has a nice thick consistency, but do not put too much because you might have a hard time blending it out.




  • Careline lipstick - Strawberry Cone
  • Aido lipstick - E

Sadly the Aido lipstick does not come with shade names but instead with a letter.  I actually don't mind that it has a letter instead of a name.  Mostly because there are products out there, their items don't even have a name, number, etc.  The Careline is supposedly a lipstick but it feels more of a lip balm.  It has a light sweet strawberry scent with it.



  • Ever Bilena Matte Lipstick - Scarlet

This was indeed a matte lipstick and I love the shade of it.  Nicely pigmented.




  • Fashion 21 Natural Look Eyelashes
  • Spicky 2

Not sure what company the second one is from, but it still looks pretty.  She stated that this was her favorite falsies to wear!  So going to try wearing them one day.



  • Ever Bilena Superlash Mascara Blue
I was telling her about me wanting to try colored mascaras again.  She mentioned how a lot of people there were using blue mascara and she would grab me one.  Glad she did!  This is legitimately blue nga blue.  Okay it's hard to explain what nga means so I won't haha.  But take my word what you see is what you get really!  Just greatly pigmented.



  • Ever Bilena Advanced 3D Compact Dark Baked Fusion

I like how the packaging is on this.  It has a clear divider that basically separates the sponge and the powder pan.  It's a tad bulky than the usual compact, but none the less very useful.  It's basically a powder that comes in three shades:  darkest shade is for contour; medium will help blend the other two shades together so it could be used as a regular powder; lightest is basically for highlight.




  • Maybelline Clear Smooth Minerals Apricot Sand
  • Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich Foundation (not sure of the shade either a 6.5 or 7)
The Bobbi Brown is a tad darker than I would like but easily blendable into my NW30 skin!  So no worries there.  Despite these not being a Filipino brand she mailed them to me.  Basically extra ones she had laying around in her kit.  The Maybelline one is one of her favorite foundations to use!  I didn't use that kind yet and I got to say, I am addicted to it.



  • Sureaid Cebo de Macho
  • Apollo Sebo de Macho
  • Quick FX Pimple Eraser


If you are a true Filipino, you have heard or used S/Cebo de Macho.  It's basically a scar whitener, to help remove scars.  The older the scar the more difficult it will be to remove.  I figured since my son always ends up getting some sort of scar now and then I would try this out.  So I asked Les if she could send me one, but instead she sent me two.  Such a sweet auntie to Xan really!  Do they work?  I think it does...it has been such a long time since I have used this haha.  The pimple eraser AWH OF COURSE!  We all need those pimples be gone!  I rarely break out but when I do I get so irritated about it that I actually whine to my best friend about it haha.  Currently I have no pimples at the moment.  -dances-

So there is my lovely package from my best friend!  Thank you Les once again for giving these to me, and I am so going to enjoy them!  Review of these items will be in due time.

Is there a certain product that you grew up with as a kid, and continue to use to this day?

Hope you all have a wonderful day and thank you for stopping in!