7.19.2012

Nail Polish: Color Club - Hot Couture, Magic Attraction, Beyond the Mistletoe, Gingerbread, & Covered in Diamonds

Over the weekend we had gone to Ross and hubs caught eye of a Color Club collection ($7.99 per box).  Of course he quickly ninja-ed it up for me, so that it may be included within my kit.  At first glance I was quickly excited because it said Glitter Vixen.  As we were in line, I was checking online, and realized none of the original EXCEPT for one was in there.  Okay two if you count a dupe!  I am not mad though!  What do you expect from Ross?  Though I would greatly appreciate it that they would avoid doing such things since it fools those who are unsure of the collections.  Just my opinion though!
Here is a picture of how the original Glitter Vixen looks like:
**Taken from Color Club website
And here is what mine looks like:
So off right?  The first and 4th bottle from the left are the same ones.  I thought they were different, but after close inspection they are exactly the same!  So for the other bottle, I will be passing it off to my friend. 
I will only be focusing upon five of the polishes, since one is a dupe and the other well...TOP COAT clear polish lol.
From L to R:  Hot Couture, Gingerbread, Covered in Diamonds, Beyond the Mistletoe, & Magic Attraction
Actually glad that the polishes above were within the box.
When life gets you down, you make the best of it!
Let's start with the original item that is from the collection set!
Magic Attraction:  is from the Glitter Vixen collection.
This was a 2 coater, and as you could see heavy with glitters.  The base set seems a bit lilac silver.  There is a mixture of reddish sort of glitter with some holo glitter within it.  Coarse glitter for say.
Gingerbread:  is from the Beyond the Mistletoe collection.
Is a gold-based holo coarse glitter.  It contains a mixture of solid gold glitter as well as holo gold sort of glitter.  2 coat done, and yet semi-patchy.
Beyond the Mistletoe:  is part of the Beyond the Mistletoe collection.
This was a two coater but it was a bit patchy on parts.  It has a blue based holographic glitter with a slight hint of green that causes it to seem slightly turquoise teal sort of shade. 
Hot Couture:  is from the Pardon My French collection.
It has a pastel baby pink sort of base with a multi-color coarse glitter.  It was a two coat wonder.
Saved the best for last!  From the little collection, there was one that really stood out to me!
Covered in Diamonds:  this was part of their Untamed Luxury Part II collection.
How gorgeous does that look within the bottle? These little mylar glitters or also known as flakies do wonders over different shades.  I swear it messes with the head a bit!
Depending upon the base color it could either be pastel sort of shades or more of a bold color.  Pretty wicked to me!  I love how it looks by itself or over black.  Just crazy!  With one strong it gives the right amount of glitter so it's not overwhelming, but you could build up on it if you want.
What do you think of Color Club?  Do you have a favorite nail polish shade from it?