7.31.2012

Review: Aveeno Ultra-Calming Makeup Remover Wipes

Thanks to Klout I was able to try out Aveeno Active Naturals Ultra-Calming Makeup Removing Wipes.  Aveeno is a great product to use if you have sensitive skin.  I have been using their products ever since my son was born, due to his eczema prone skin. Not to mention hubs and I have slightly sensitive skin.  So some of the Aveeno products could be found around the house.
Discovering that they have developed a makeup remover wipe, I was intrigued by it and wanted to try it.  Once again thanks to Klout for allowing it to happen.

Product Claim:
Fragrance-free, soap free, noncomedogenic, and hypoallergenic.  Sensitive skin could be unbalanced, which leads to irritation and redness.  Helps visibly reduce the appearance of redness and calm dry irritated or sensitive skin while gently cleansing your face.  This gentle wipe lifts away dirt, oil, and makeup without over drying or aggravating your skin.

What is Feverfew?
It is a natural ingredient which is related to chamomile.  It is a resilient flower that is known for its soothing, and one of natures antioxidants.

Ingredients:
Water, Isononyl Isononanoate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Isostearyl Palmitate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hexylene Glycol, PEG 6, Caprylic/Capric Glycerides, Phenoxyethanol, Sucrose Cocoate, Fragrance, Carbomer, PEG 4 Laurate, Sodium Hydroxide, Benzoic Acid, Dehydroacetic Acid, Chrysanthemum Parthenium (Feverfew) Flower/Leaf/Stem Juice, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Glycerin, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract

Packaging:
The wipe dispense section is big, and there is no difficulty upon opening it and snapping it closed.  The size is good for those travel/vacation moments.

Review:
The makeup wipes pack goes for about $6.99 and include 25 large sheets (7.4"x7.2").  The wipes are thick and durable, but yet very soft.
So here is the look I had on the day that I was testing these wipes out.
Face:
  • Philosophy Hope Oil-Free SPF 30 Moisturizer
  • Makeup Forever HD Elixir Primer
  • Smashbox BB Cream
  • Maybelline Dream Matte Powder
Cheeks:
  • theBalm Frat Boy
Lips:
  • Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lip Color Mauve Outta Here
Eyes:
  • Urban Decay Primer Potion Original
  • NYX Eyeshadow Base White
  • Sugarpill Cosmetics Tako
  • Sugarpill Cosmetics Bulletproof
  • Sugarpill Cosmetics Love+
  • Inglot Cosmetics #322
  • Inglot Cosmetics #377
  • Sephora Kohl Waterproof Eyeliner Keep Black
  • Milani Cosmetics  Eye Tech Extreme Black
  • Maybelline Plushy mascara
So I pulled a Two Face by just removing the makeup on the right side of my face.  It really does remove the makeup.  Normally with a wipe I have a hard time removing eyeliner from my bottom lid but this removed it completely.  It also removed the color stain I would usually get from the reddish pinkish sort of eyeshadows if not removed thoroughly.  So that was a major win for me.  My face did not feel dry after using this product but it did leave some sort of film upon my skin.  Which is actually fine because despite using a makeup remover I always wash my face afterwards. 
Sniff Sniff:
Though the package may say "natural" upon the wrapper, and is part of the "Active Naturals" line, it is actually far from it.  If you look at the list of ingredients, it states fragrance.  You may notice some of the natural ingredients, but check again cause these occur much more towards the bottom of the list.  This means that there is a lot lower ratio for those items.  The fragrance may be a bit too much for those with sensitive skin and could cause irritation.  So be aware if you are super sensitive to fragrance.  It does get the job done to remove the makeup.  Just make sure that you sniff it before you test it out on your skin, because the scent of it may be a tad too much.
Last Words:
As it does do the job, and does not irritate my skin, I might actually pick up a pack in the future after this one has run out.  Though I would prefer a different scent or preferably unscented since the smell on this one could be overwhelming a bit.

What kind of makeup remover wipes do you use?  

**I was given this free product because I am Klout influencer.  Under no way am I obligated to discuss the sample or company.