11.14.2012

My November 2012 Birchbox!

Over the weekend I received my Birchbox for November, and it was three days early.  I was super excited to get it, and worried I might not be so happy with it.  Boy was I wrong!  I loved this box, though minus one thing that made me go meh, but it's all good.  Hits and misses right?


So this month they were focused on the wonderful get your grub on Thanksgiving.  So who is ready to fill their belly up with delish food?  Oh not to mention SHOPPING!  I know I am haha.  But they are also supporting the Art of Elysium and you could check out the Birchbox site to see what items the celebrity supporters picked and buy it.  I love the little logo design above the Art Of Elysium.  It feels so welcoming for a child really.  

They even supplied a little gift envelope that is big enough for a beauty product (lipstick, eyeshadow, nail polish, etc), or a travel size product: that says "Give" upon it.


As soon as I moved the tissue paper to the side, what was the first thing that caught my eye?


SOYJOY Cranberry Snack was it.  Honestly I dislike seeing things like this in my Birchbox.  I know it's suppose to open us up to new products, but if I wanted snack bars, teas, etc. I would sign up for a subscription with a food company sort of thing.  I hope I am not the only one who feels this way.  D:  I did feel a bit hungry so I decided to try it out.  I should of left it in the box or passed it on.  I thought it tasted bland and it reminded me of one of the MREs I had tried from my hubs when he had training.  It just didn't taste all that great to me.  But each their own!  These bars are gluten-free and totally vegetarian friendly.  A package contains five bars for $6 each.  


Oh my first ModelCo item!  It's their FIBRE LASHXTEND Extreme Black Lengthening Mascara.  This is their version of a falsies without the fuss, the fibers sort.  This is supposed to add volume and length to your natural lashes.  Unlike the other fiber mascara I have tried, this could be used without the help of other mascaras since it is black colored.  The wand is like a typical mascara applicator, and you don't really see the fibers.  It looks like a regular mascara to me.  The fibers attach to your natural lashes giving you that extra oomph you need when you don't want to deal with false lashes.


And on the square tube there is a small mirror.  How nifty is that?  For a full size it cost $24 which could be a bit pricey for some, but it helps the ease and hassle of dealing with falsies.  


I have seen Lulu Organics before but I never really paid attention to their products.  So it was interesting to see one of them in my box.  It is their Lavender + Clary Sage Hair Powder which is for those days when you don't wash your hair.  It's a dry shampooo where you pour a small dab into your palm and rub your palms together so that a thin coat will be covering both palms.  You then work it through your roots and brush your hair as soon as you apply it.  That way it will evenly distribute the powder throughout your hair.  A small amount does its job.  I decided to try it out the other day, and my hair felt as if it was just washed and blow dried.  It doesn't leave any icky residue and nor is it overwhelming upon your hair.  For a full size powder bottle it is $30.


Jouer Fragrance Cornucopia is their signature fragrance that combines a trio of gardenia, jasmine, and honeysuckle perfume oil.  It reminded me a bit of Harvey Prince's Hello perfume.  Not sure why but it did.  


I was so surprised to find this sample as a rollerball.  I think all perfume/cologne samples should be rollerball or a spritz.  Seriously don't make it a pull the cap off type!  Just causes a messy scene where you'll end up bathing in the product.  GAH who wants that?!  Okay back to the perfume, I wasn't really fond of it mostly because it reminded me of something my mom would wear.  So I ended up passing it on to her.

I kept the best for last!


Honestly any nail polish in my Birchbox is a win!  I was super excited when I saw this.  It is Étoile Diamond Dust Polish Collection.  This one is in Frosted Berry, a deep shimmer of a raspberry sort of shade.  It was interesting that it had diamond dust that caused the shimmer in it.  



It applied smoothly and these were just two coats over my favorite base coat.  This is 3-free and made in the US.  There are 4 other shades from this collection and a fully size bottle goes for $18.  Still a nice collection to add to my stash!  Not sure if I want to buy a full size bottle of it.  Sorry I <3 cheapo polishes haha.

So what did you get in your Birchbox?  What was your favorite item you got from it?  Your least?  What subscription company do you use?

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!