5.17.2012

My first Birchbox!

I finally decided to try out this whole Birchbox scene that a lot of the bbloggers have been talking about.  Birchbox is a company that is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products.  There are different subscription types, but I picked the $10 a month.  Every month you'll obtain a box with samples inside that fit your profile.  I find it better than buying sample sizes from shops at times.  Since even some sample sizes could cost about $16 sum.  So why not just opt out for a box that is $10.  You could also buy your items on their site and earn points with every purchase.
So I received my Birchbox over the weekend, and this month it was focus upon Gossip Girl.

Upon opening the box you will notice the insert they have giving details about why they love the Gossip Girl.
 
On the back a description of the items that were inside the box:
I love how they give detail about the products along with the prices.  It helps save time for having to go and Google the price on it.  Not to mention what it is used for.  
So far I tried the Dr. Jart+ BB cream, and I love the texture of it.  I have also tried the Color Club nail polish called Disco Nap, which is one of the perfect gold polishes that I have seen.
I honestly think Birchbox is perfect for me, since I love testing out new items, and it helps me see if I will like a product or not before buying it.  I understand that it is hits and misses at times, but that is fine with me.  Someone else will always be happy to try the sample, if it isn't for me.
So if you haven't checked out Birchbox yet, and you love testing out luxe products, check them out! 
What box samples have you tried?  Which company is your favorite?