5.19.2012

Review: Dash Minerals - sample pigments

I have to be honest, these samples have actually been sitting at the bottom of my stash for a year now.  I had forgotten about them, until recently when I was clearing out things to see what I wanted and not wanted.  These loose eyeshadows, in which I call pigments, are from a company called Dash Minerals, but also known as Mineral Perfections
I heard about the product, by being Google curious.  At that time the company was offering free samples.  You pick 5 items you want, and pay for shipping which was only $1.25 sum back then.  They ended up tossing in an extra sample.  Right now their samples are from $0.25 to $0.50 a piece.  So honestly it isn't that bad since you could do several looks with the product.

The owner, Shelly, is super sweet, and will answer all your questions that you may have with their product.
When you pick a sample you don't have to choose from the same category.  I did it that way cause I am a total eyeshadow lover!  They actually carry a wide range of products from lipstick to primers.  It's worth checking out and testing out their product.
Forget Me Not is a lavender shade with more of a hint of blue in it.  Matte finish
Groovin Grape is a pastel type purple.  Matte finish.
Raspberry Ripple may look sort of coral reddish within the jar but it is actually leans to the pink side when swiped.  Matte finish.
Twistin Teal is a jade green color.  Matte finish.
Celery Shimmer is an olive green color with a slight shimmer.  It doesn't seem that much of a shimmer to me.
Smoky Plum was the sample I was given of their eyeliner powder.  I have actually used this a few times I remember upon receiving it.  It was a perfect tap over for regular eyeliner.  It is black with some purple shimmer within.  
The eyeshadows were done over NYX eyeshadow base white.  For some reason the picture shows them as all shimmer or a slight sheen to it.  The only ones that do have some shimmer to it is really the Celery Shimmer, and Smoky Plum.
As you can see the items are nicely pigmented.  You could use them as wet or dry.  These are done dry swatches.  
So if you're into mineral products make sure to give them a look.  Samples are the best things to pick up when you want to try new products.