10.20.2012

Influenster Beauty Blogger VoxBox 2012

The other day I had received my second VoxBox from Influenster, which is their Beauty Blogger VoxBox.  If you have not heard of Influenster it's basically a site of trendsetters who could share their lifestyles and show off their influence upon items they received.  You sign up and basically take surveys, which are their badges.  The badges you earn will help them better understand you, and decide what to give you in your personalized box of goodies.  Oh and did I mention it's FREE?  Yup that's right! 
If you qualify for their boxes they will send you an email, that will show you a link in your profile.  You have a certain amount of days to fill out the form.  So my suggestion once you obtain that email, get at it really fast! 
When you get a VoxBox you don't really know what you get until someone who got theirs before you post up a picture or until you get it.  When they send out the notification the package has been shipped I do not look for pictures to get an idea.  I like surprises and I was actually surprised by it.  I was mostly surprised that nothing broke on its way to me, since they do not wrap anything up at all, which is the down part of it.  But still a great way for experiencing new products.
The first item that caught my eyes was the Goody Simple Styles Spin Pin.
I always wanted to get one but never grabbed it.  So I was happy when I saw it inside the box.  They usually go for about $7.29 but you could find them cheaper or other brands that carry this sort of thing.  I had to try it right away and I found it at such ease of putting my hair up.  It holds it in place and there are no hassle of having so many bobby pins in your hair to have a bun up without a hair tie.  I plan on grabbing some more of these spin pin products later on.  Can't believe I never got one before.  

Kiss Ever Pro Lashes Starter Kit:  these go for about $5.99 and comes with an eyelash tweezer sort of thing (Pro Lash Applicator), and a latex-free glue that supposedly holds for 24 hours.  I have seen their lashes before but I never grabbed them.  I normally use Eylure, Ardell, and Daiso falsies.  So I will have a review for this product in due time.  

NYC New York Color IndividualEyes in Dark Shadows:  I have to be honest, I have never tried NYC New York Color's eyeshadows before.  So it was interesting obtaining this.  I noticed that the palette had a mixture of powder and cream items in it, which is something I am not fond of having.  Mostly because they could get messy.  However it was interesting to see a cheapo place a primer in an eyeshadow palette.  I was also curious about the Illuminator and how it would alter the darker shades into a different color.  Review of this in due time.

Vitabath Fragrance Mist in Green Apple & White Lily:  These got for about $9 sum a bottle.  They have 16 scents, and their formula contains vitamins and antioxidants to keep your skin refreshed.  The smell of this one actually reminds me of Jolly Ranchers Green Apple.  It isn't overwhelming at all.  It has a very light fragrance.  

Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream:  For a full sized 4oz bottle they got for about $6.  I don't have curls sadly.  My hair is wavy though!  This is infused with natural grape seed and jasmine to encourage your natural curls and eliminate fly-aways and frizz.

Eboost Orange Flavor:  $28 for a box of 20 effervescent powders, $39 for a box of 30.  Eboost will boost your mood, focus, and immunity with natural ingredients and no crash.  They come in four flavors and all you do is pour it into a glass of water.  I wouldn't suggest a bottle since this does begin to fizz.  The effect did work I was a big more energized, but the taste was just not for me.  

Bath & Body Works Mini Candles in Mahogany Teakwood:  They go for $3.50 for the mini candles.  It may be small but the smell is huge.  It could fill up a big room.  With that in mind it could get a bit overwhelming.  

I love the illumination of candles really.  Just so calming and relaxing.  

So there is my Beauty Blogger VoxBox.  Did you get a box also?  What was your favorite item in it?  What was your least favorite?

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!