10.17.2012

Nails: Tape it up!

So today's nails were based off of tape manis.  I have not done a tape mani for so long nor have I used my striping tape much.  So why not?
I decided to follow two tutorials from Nailside her laser, and and abstract 80's, but changed it to my liking.  She really does wonders when it comes to tape manicures!

For the base on the index, middle, pinky, and thumb (not pictured sorry) I decided to do a no-water marble allowed it to dry fully before putting on the striping tape and covering it up with black nail polish.  A no-water marble is basically where you place nail polish colors upon your nail and while still wet manipulate it with either a dotting tool, toothpick, needle, etc.  Here's an example: CLICK

  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Gray by Gray
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure So Much Fawn
  • Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Plum Luck
  • Wet n Wild Ebony Hates Chris
When was the last time you did a tape mani?  What's on your nails right now?

Thank you for checking out my blog and I hope you have a wonderful day!