3.20.2012

My first Inglot experience!

So I'll be honest, I always thought Inglot was expensive!  Not until I actually checked it out on their site.
I have to say thank you to Leesha (xSparkage) and Christine (Temptalia) for opening my eyes to this beautiful company! 
I began checking online, and didn't really want to pay for shipping since, I wanted to see how these looked in person.  Sorry but I have been fooled by some people's swatches -insert sad face here- lol.  I discovered the closest one to me was 45 minutes away.  INGLOT Y U NO HAVE CLOSER?! 

I was talking to my best friend, Les, which items I should pick up.  It came to me, that I would just get a quad for now.  If I really like it I'll get more later on down the road.  Hubs told me we were going to be heading down to San Diego, and I jumped to my feet cause I was excited.  "Finally!  I will be able to get my hands on some Inglot!"  I explained to him how much the cost was, and he replied "Oh wow, that is cheap!"  After we were done with what we needed to do down there, we finally went to the mall.
I was looking at the Inglot table, and OMG, I got overwhelmed!  I honestly felt like a little kid in a candy store!  I looked at their prices that was on a chart, full of examples of the total something would cost.  Since my mind was already set for a quad I bought that instead.
  • Quad Freedom System - $9 
  • Single Eyeshadow Pans - $5
How cheap is that?  CRAZZZYY!
The promo girl who helped me, was super nice.  She didn't hover over me while I looked at what I wanted.  She handed me some q-tips, and a piece of paper towel, so I could do swatches.  She then handed me a slab, and told me to just put the pans I wanted onto the slab.  I honestly stood there for maybe about 30 minutes trying to figure out what I wanted.  She never bothered me once!  I picked what I wanted, and handed them to her.  She proceeded to retrieve the items from the drawers, and was ready to check me out.  I was happy with my shopping experience!
On the ride home I was already excited, "New toys!" haha k enough of my little story.  Let's get to those swatches!
Here is the quad I picked up.  The palette has a magnetized cover, where you can either twist it to the side, or remove it entirely.  Honestly, I love magnetic covers!  I don't have to deal with trying to pry open a palette, and damaging the polish on my nails haha.  Quick and easy twist or lift, and TADA that sucker is open!  Inside the little sections are also magnets.  All you have to do is pop the pans out of the boxes it comes with, and place them in their little section.  These hold!  I removed the cover, and even held it upside and shook it to see if they would come out.  The palette is very sturdy!
Here are the colors I picked from top/left to bottom/right:
  • Eyeshadow Pearl #430
  • Eyeshadow Matte #338
  • Eyeshadow Matte #320
  • Eyeshadow Matte #388
Just looking at them, they already look gorgeous.
  •  #430 - is a nicely yellow gold that has a pearl finish, but is really next to metallic.  Love this gold as much as I do with Sugarpill's Goldilux!
  • #338 -  is a gorgeous matte teal, and one of my favorite colors to work with!
  •  #320 - is a matte medium purple color, close to grape shades. 
  •  #388 - is a vibrant matte blueish-purple color.  
Now for those swatches!  All swatches are done over NYX eyeshadow base
Indoor Lighting
Direct Sunlight
How gorgeous are those?  So pigmented for such a cheap price!  MOVE OVER MAC!  Seriously after getting these, I prefer Inglot over MAC eyeshadows hands down!  These are just too gorgeous!  And for their price, its way cheaper than how much MAC is.
 I love how elegant and simple their logo sits on top of the palette.

There are some issues of fallout when you go to pick up product with the matte shadows.  I don't see it much with the pearl shadow.  Honestly it doesn't bother me!  With how cheap it is, and well pigmented, I could seriously over look it!

I would recommend this product to girls who want to put together their own palette for a cheap cost, or those who are looking for nicely pigmented items.  This is it!   Their Freedom System is brilliant!

Thank you for joining my adventure with experiencing Inglot!  Have a wonderful day gorgeous!