3.21.2012

A sweet and spicy taste of Sugarpill's Burning Heart

I thought I would open this little review up, with the sunshine of my life, my son Xan.  He wanted to help me do my swatches, of Sugarpill's Burning Heart palette when I got it.  So to make it more exciting for him, he asked me if he could have Pokeballs on his cheeks.  I told him we could do that, and he got even more excited.  To the point he even went to the store with his dad, showing off his cheeks.

So let's continue with the review and swatches of this gorgeous palette of theirs!
It may take awhile for them to ship out your item, but honestly it is worth the wait!  You'll notice the box right away since it has a kitty on the front with the Sugarpill logo.  By this time I was so glad I finally got my package, due to the fact stupid USPS did a misroute on my package -cries- But no worries, it got to me safely!  YAY!

As you open the box, you'll notice a white piece of paper sitting on top.  You'll open it up, and notice it's your invoice.  Along with a sweet thank you from the company. 

Seriously I had no other companies I have ordered from that I have done this.  Just makes you feel so special, and that they actually do care for their customers.
PINK TISSUE PAPER!  The box is nicely packed in with tissue paper, to make sure none of the products shift during shipment.
The new logo sticker caught my eye!  Love the color combo on it!  I'll show a comparison with the old one later on in this post.
It's not much what I ordered, since I really wanted to complete my pressed eyeshadows collection from them first.  I love the design on the cover of the box the palette it comes in!  Every time you order from Sugarpill you get a little sample.  
Love the little description haha.  If you really want bold rich pigmentation and don't mind shelling out some money, this is an awesome pick!
On the back of the palette, it shows a picture of how the quad looks like.  Such a nice idea, if you don't feel like opening up the palette to see what is inside.
I love how their palettes, are magnetic.  No need for snapping and chipping your nail polish here.  Easy to open, and it comes with a mirror that is attached to the lid.  Very convenient when you're on travel.  How freakin' gorgeous are those colors?  Very bold, and striking to the eyes.  
Top - Over NYX eyeshadow base white; Bottom - by itself
UNF!  Check out the pigmentation of those!  Oh Amy, your company has done it again!  These are so fab!  Seriously was worth the wait!
  • Flamepoint - A very vibrant matte orange.  It reminds me of a pumpkin color, or a true orange peel sort of color.
  • Buttercupcake - A gorgeous matte yellow.  This is the reason why I looked at Sugarpill in the first place.  That yellow was my must have NO MATTER WHAT!  
  • Love + - A true intense red eyeshadow!  It has a slight sheen in it, but its very subtle.  It's a semi-matte finish.
  • Poison Plum -   Is a rich violet color.  It also has a subtle sheen to it, so a semi-matte finish
They aren't chalky or powdery to me.  They are easy to work with, but it might seem difficult at first, if you're not use to working with some of the colors.  Such a fun vibrant palette to have!
The sample they give isn't much but you could pull off at least 1-2 looks, honestly depending how much you use.
The sample I got was Royal Sugar.  I swear Sugarpill packers are mind-readers!  The reason why I state this is because, Royal Sugar was on my buy list for my next order which will be a pigment haul (some what not buying everything at once haha).  Last time in my order it was a Goldilux sample.
So I will be honest, when I first did swatches of this item, I was shocked.  It looked nothing like what I saw in their example.
I was expecting it to be darker.  So I emailed Sugarpill to see if it was a wrong re-pack.  The person replied they haven't changed the product formula at all.  Then I started thinking it out...
It was a wet swatch of it!  That's the only way I could get it to be dark.  It's still on my radar of grabs!  Still gorgeous wet or dry to me.
  • Royal Sugar - Is a true blue color with turquoise specks in it.  Is it matte?  You could say it is, but to me if there are glitter particles in it, it doesn't count as matte to me no more.  This is gorgeous for those people, who love blue blue!
The palettes have four eyeshadow pans in it for $34.   While single pans go for $12 each.  Pigments are $12 as well.  They are next on my buy list!

The top is how the old sticker use to look like, still gorgeous!  But I find the new one, honestly fits Sugarpill so much better!  I am still deciding where I am going to put these.  I want to put it on something that will stay with me for so long!

If you haven't checked out Sugarpill at all, you should get to it!

Thank you for checking out my review, and swatches!  Enjoy your day sexy!