4.23.2012

Review: theBalm Nude'Tude Eyeshadow Palette

If you love neutral eyeshadows, and want a palette that has a little bit more color variation, then you should check out theBalm's Nude'tude palette.
It has been on my list of wants for awhile now, but the only thing that had stopped me from obtaining it is well...if you know me, I love color!  Recently though a friend of mine Emily has got me into neutrals again.  So it peeked interest to me once again.  I then noticed theBalm was doing a daily giveaway on their Facebook and Twitter accounts, which by the way is still going on, so I decided to take my chances.  I ended up winning on Twitter from them!
I was super excited, and messaged them right away.  After being a pain in the arse of lack of patience, I had finally received it.  Eryn was even kind enough to toss in a Stainiac in the package.  So thank you for that!

Now back to this gorgeous palette!
The palette contains twelve eyeshadowas within the slim palette, and comes with a dual-ended eyeshadow/liner brush.  There are two variations of designs:
  • Feeling Nice - the one I have, which contains no pictures of sexy ladies.
  • Feeling Naughty - that has sexy naked ladies with eyeshadows covering up certain parts.
I wanted to get Feeling Naughty, but they are currently out of stock.  I am fine with Feeling Nice totally.  They contain the same shades.
The palette is packaged up in theBalm's typical cardboard structure, and has an outer sleeve of thick cardstock which contains the exact same design as the palette.  You can either keep the cardstock cover or recycle the item.  I always keep the cardstock covers theBalm items that have it. 

Upon opening the palette, you will notice there is a full-length mirror which spans upon the inside of the lid. 
The palette is very easy to open!  It has the typical magnetic system, which has no issues upon opening or to keep close. 
Close up of the brush it comes with
Done over NYX Eyeshadow Base White
The eyeshadows are nicely pigmented and smooth.  A mixture of matte and shimmer items.  Swatches are done from left to right; top row to bottom row.
  • Sassy - a frosted white
  • Stubborn - a pinkish peach with a slight frost finish
  • Selfish - a frosted taupe; a brownish gray 
  • Sophisticated - a dark brown with a kick of bronze shimmer within it
  • Sexy - a really sexy burgundy matte 
  • Serious - a medium-dark black matte; darker than MAC Carbon
  • Snobby - a yellow gold shimmer 
  • Stand-Offish - a frost metallic finish of light-bronze with red undertones
  • Sultry - a nicely warm medium brown shadow with a satin finish
  • Schitzo - a golden brown with a pearl finish
  • Sleek - a dark brownish black matte
Overall I am impressed with this palette, and glad that I got it.  Super gorgeous, and easy to work with.

Do you have a Nude'tude palette?  How do you feel about it?